Tuesday, April 21, 2009








In the last post I showed these Black Walnut furniture crests as raw material. Here are a couple of photos of the finished products. The larger photo show a coatrack with vintage hooks and steel doorknobs. The beadboard background came from some material salvaged from a Lodi, Ca. area farmhouse. It was given to me by my good friend Roff Graves at Graves Country Folk Art Gallery. A link to his gallery can be seen at the "links" section of this blog. The other crest I used in a coatrack of very fancy antique brass doorknobs. I have been collecting these knobs for many years, these are some very nice ones. I really like the way these turned out. The driftwood coatrack uses some black porcelain and vintage crystal knobs. This piece, and the driftwood table below it are alot like the pieces I made many years ago when I worked with my good friend Jon Westburg at Creations From The Sea. The table was a custom piece. The client wanted a rustic approach, she has several other of my pieces and wanted something not so Shabby Chic for her living room. I had fun exploring the shore of the bay around Oyster Point where I live, looking for material. I will be making some more pieces like this in the future. The driftwood coatrack, and many others can be seen at a store in Fairfax Ca., called Beachhouse Style. They have a wonderful store full of unique items. The black walnut furniture crest coatracks, and many other unique pieces will be shown this sunday, April 26 in Petaluma at the Petaluma Downtown Antique Faire, booth space no. K-62 (Kentucky St). Should be alot of fun! Hope to see you there! Peace, Bryan


No comments: