Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Custom Pieces







Here are a couple of new pieces, made for a store opening in Danville, Ca. First is a chalkboard for the menu. On the sides are a couple of balusters, salvaged from a victorian era stair railing. I deconstructed a couple of doors for the frame, and added some other embellishments to that. An old picket fence, and some old door casing contributed some whimsical elements. A shabby, vintage corbel cut in half finishes off the crest. Second, a mirror for the bathroom. This was really fun. I used the same look with the balusters flanking the sides. The piece of hardware centered in the upper area I believe is from an old victorian doorbell assembly. The crown molding I made from a mahogany handrailing. Some vintage crystal knobs as finials. Both pieces are good examples of what I call useing repurposed or recycled materials. They are at home in a rustic, primitive collection, or maybe a shabby cottage look. They are colorful, whisical, unique. All my pieces are individually numbered and signed. Thanks for reading!

No comments: