Tuesday, July 21, 2009

BENCHES, MORE BIG PLANTERS,SUNDAY SHOW AT MOSS LANDING

Here are quite a few new benches I made for the upcoming sunday July 26 Antique fair at Moss Landing, near Monterey. I first made some of these to go with a custom order table.( Photos of table are in previous blog) I really liked the way they came out and made some more, the response at the last couple shows has been impressive. I have emphasized the beachy blues/greens here, although I also plan on doing other colors, plus some that are more the earth tones/natural wood color. I also like the fact I am able to use such short pieces of wood, this is using what was potentially waste fom the cabinet making process. The top sections are sealed with a water based interior/exterior polyurathane, many people expressed an interest in using them in an outdoor setting. I believe they should hold up well as long as they are not left out in the rain. The last two photos are of a couple more large planters, custom orders. They are 72" x 24" x 24". Nice proportions. The photos show before and after the deck oil treatment. I use a product called "Penofin", I have used it for years on redwood that is going to be exposed to UV. I tell people to think of it as sunscreen for your boxes. Next post, coatracks, new cabinets for moss landing!














No comments: