Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Pieces, Upcoming Alameda Antique Fair(Booth T-20, Sunday 7/5)

Hard to believe three weeks have passed since my last post. In my next post I m going to show some photos of recent salvage finds, Victorian Columns with wonderfully carved capitals, also some leaded glass diamond pane cabinet doors. Shown here are pieces I have made in the last couple weeks. The Singer sewing machine base was a rusty mess when I got it. I cleaned it up and painted red, a departure from what I usually pick for colors, it does pick up some red in the distressed wood top nicely though. The next piece was described to me by my gf Jan as "Weird, Bryan", high praise indeed! I have had the stove base for a while, been dying to incorporate into something. I added an old metal medical cabinet, has beveled glass doors with locks(where they kept the narcotics??), the top is solid black walnut, salvaged from an old eastlake dresser. Some cute balusters and beadboard backdrop for a shelf. Weird, I know but this is what would create for my house. The lower drawers are fronted with some small cast iron registers with vey nice antique gass knobs. The next photos are of a table with 4 benches. I made one recently for a custom order, I loved the way it came out so I made another! A client saw it and bought the benches so I made two more. The base is from an old farmhouse table, I created the top from various colored wood, finished with varnish to seal it. The benches are of some more of the colored wood, also sealed. Finally, the coatracks were recently ordered by a local wholesale client. I willbe showing quite often in the next couple months, Alameda sunday 7/5, Petaluma Art&Garden sunday 7/12, Moss Landing Antique fair sunday 7/26. Come on out! Peace, Bryan



























No comments: